Soft, warm and cozy hat perfect for winter. Beginners can easily follow this free knitting pattern and the result is not to be mistaken – the hat will get stuck on your head during all the cold months!
What’s better than pulling a warm, cozy and soft hat over the ears during the cold of winter? We can’t think of much. With this free knitting pattern, you’ll get a perfect beginner project that’s also a great classic for all other levels of knitters.
TIP: Knit the hat in stripes, give it a bunch of measles, add a pompom or do it in moss stitch rather than stocking stitch. The options are infinite.
100% wool that goes on 8mm knitting needles der passer til pinde 8
Jumper needles 10mm (US15)
App. 42 cm in circumference and app. 25 cm in height.
Gauge per 10 cm x 10 cm
8 rows x 7 stitches
The hat is knit in one piece on jumper needles, and is then sewn together in the end.
The hat is knit from the bottom upwards
1. Cast on 32 st on 10 mm needles.
2. Knit 9 rows rib stitch, P2 K2.
3. Knit 11 rows stocking stitch.
4. Decrease from the right side: *K3, k2tog*. Continue *-* the rest of the row.
5. Purl the next row.
6. Decrease from the right side: *K2, k2tog*. Continue *-* the rest of the row.
7. Purl the next row.
8. Decrease from the right side: *k2tog*. Continue *-* the rest of the row.
9. Purl the next row.
10. Cut the thread, so it’s app. 30 cm long and pull the thread through the remaining stitches.
Join the work
Sew the hat. Weave in all the ends.
Want to make a pompom to put on top? See how to make pompom here.